Not The Way Your Grandma Pressed[wpvideo 2bUZ2jel]
This week I had a wonderful opportunity to present at this year’s Chicago Flower and Garden show. I presented, “Not the Way Your Grandma Pressed”, a session on learning new techniques and creative ideas that you can do to press flowers.
It was awesome! I had an amazing group of people show up to watch.
Then it got me thinking. How can I bring this information to even more people? Drumroll, please……….. I taped it.
If you click below you can see my presentation and hopefully learn something new. Let me know what you think.[wpvideo ChFNEGNT]
And…. did you learn something new?
Just in case here are,
5 Tips to Remember about Pressing Flowers
- Get a wide range of flowers in different stages and varieties
- Place your flower exactly how you want it to be pressed via the technique you are using
- Depending on technique, change out the newspaper, parchment paper, cardboard, or paper towels every three days for the first two weeks
- Make sure your flower is fully dried before use (paper-y and thin petals
- Be creative with the designs! (Use the scraps too!)