Scoby Fruit Roll-Up Untangled.
For years, I have been trying to find a replacement for the fruit roll up. Seriously, I could eat them by the foot…. and apparently, that’s not good for you. One of the main reasons is because fruit roll-ups are rolled up hunks of sugar and high fructose corn syrup mixed together with food dye.
To change that unhealthiness, I created the Scoby Roll-Up out of my Kombucha Scoby.
Why You Should Switch From Fruit Roll-Ups to Scoby Rolls:
Not only is it delicious, it ….
- Helps add beneficial bacteria and adds nutrients to your gut
- Helps clean out the liver
- Adds more B12 and B6 into your diet
- Larger serving of fruit
- Gives you more energy during the day.
Try it… it might become your new favorite dessert (or snack!).
You will need:
- Two Scobies
- 1/2 cup of pure fruit Juice (100% of fruit juice, not 10% of fruit juice) or 1/2 cup of Jelly that has no added sugar (I like to use grape!)
- 1/2 cup of Applesauce with no added sugar (if using juice)
- Parchment Paper
Take both of your scobies and put them in the blender with your jelly or juice. If you are using juice add the applesauce as well. Blend until smooth.
Cut out the parchment paper to cover the length of the dehydration rack. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect, you just want to make sure the scoby mixture does not fall through.
Spread the mixture over the parchment paper into a 1/2 inch layer.
Dehydrate for 8 hours or until sticky.
Rip apart to enjoy!
If you do not finish the fruit roll up in one sitting, ( I don’t suggest it because that’s a lot of beneficial bacteria all at once a.k.a. you’ll be in the bathroom), then put it in the freezer for later.
Let me know what you think!